This article will be dedicated to Shreya, for dropping TEQnation an email asking us how to see the thumbnail picture in YouTube videos. First of all, thanks for asking us your question Shreya, we look forward to answering it in this post. We at TEQnation highly encourage you readers to ask away, and let us know what you want to read about, or what you would like to know about, so keep it up readers!
The first step is to open the YouTube video for which you want to see the thumbnail in a new tab. We recommend doing it in Chrome.
Continue reading How to See the Thumbnail Picture in YouTube Videos
Watching YouTube is becoming an everyday ritual for some of us nowadays, yet we still don’t use it effectively. This is a ten section guide to enhance your YouTube experience and to teach you to extract more out of YouTube. Let’s take a look:
- Slow Motion- You can watch YouTube videos on slow motion! How cool is that eh? All you have to do is click on the video after it has buffered and then hold down the space bar button. Holding down the space bar will play and pause the video, creating a s low motion effect.
- Playing from a Specific Point- If you really value your time, and know the video you are watching inside and out, then skip straight to the point you want to watch. All you have to do is add #t=01m35s or #t=01m11s next to the URL, and the video will start from that point. Neat eh?
- Play Snake while the Video Buffers- Do you have nothing to do, while you sit and wait for your video to buffer? Then fear not, because you can play snake with the loading icon on in the video. Whilst the video buffers, simply use the up, down, left, and right arrow keys to get started, and chomp away at your food!
- Download YouTube Videos- Download your favourite YouTube videos seamlessly by adding “ss” just before the “youtube” in the link. So if the link were https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AqnCSdkjQ0, then to download the video add the “ss” in the link like this https://www.ssyoutube.com/watch?v=0AqnCSdkjQ0. This will send you to an online YouTube video downloader that will do all the work for you. It will even let you select which format of the video you want to download!
- Know Your YouTube Shortcuts! – Ever feel too lazy to reach over to the mouse? If so, then learn to use these short cuts to YouTube to make your life easy. Press the spacebar or “k” key to play and pause the videos. The “j” key will rewind the video by 10 seconds, and the “l” key will fast forward it by 10 seconds. Last but not least, if you want to mute the video quickly then use the “m” key. The number “0” will go straight to the beginning of the video, and numbers “1-9” will jump to 10% to 90% of video.
- Control YouTube using the Keyboard- If you’re feeling super lazy one day or suddenly think that using the mouse is over rated then it’s time to move on. You can now control YouTube using nothing more than your keyboard. That’s right, all you have to do is type “/lean_back” next to the YouTube URL, and then you can literally lean back and use the user friendly interface to scroll through and watch your favourite channels using your keyboard keys.
- Make GIFs from YouTube Videos- To make gif images from your favourite YouTube videos, all you have to do is type “gif” before “youtube” in the URL like this “https://www.gifyoutube.com/watch?v=RDvCChbKGas.” Then you can even select the start and end time of the gif and make a meme out of it later!
- Customizing the Search Format- Well this isn’t exactly customizing the way YouTube displays the videos you searched for. Actually, why don’t you try searching for “Use the force luke” or “Beam me up scotty” in YouTube and see for yourselves!
- Disable Autoplay- The autoplay in YouTube can become annoying at times. To disable or turn of the autoplay feature, all you have to do is move to the top right corner of the YouTube screen and toggle of the autoplay button. That’s it!
- Karoake Time! – You can now turn YouTube into your very own Karaoke player. All it takes is just an extension download: Musixmatch to be exact. Download the Musixmatch extension for Google Chrome and see lyrics to your favourite songs overlap music videos.